File komputer

0 Comments Wednesday, June 4, 2014 | @ 10:32 PM
Alex's inspired post on Sixtoo making dubstep opened my eyes to a wider principle: namely, what a fucking dark album that is! Just generally, and I had forgotten. So I was thinking, I know it's really silly doing nostalgia before the paint has even dried on alt-hiphop, but fuck it it's Xmas ;-), so: which five tunes or albums sound most and least dated from the Anticon, Def Jux, Mush and related stables? Here are mine:

Most dated
Sole - Da Baddest Poet
Sage Francis - Makeshift Patriot
Boom Bip and Dose One - Art Saved My Life
Buck I always felt sounded a bit dated so it's not really fair to include him, but I am anyway
Odd Nosdam - his half of the split EP with Why?

Least dated
Cannibal Ox - Raspberry Fields
El-P - Fantastic Damage (the tune but also the LP)
Sixtoo - Antagonist Survival Kit LP
Hymie's Basement - s/t LP
Sole - Dream I Had On My 25th Birthday

These last five still sound as fresh on my headphones as they did, er, three or four years ago. Listen to El-P's flow on FanDam again! Still so aggy!!

Labels: